We are seeking a highly experienced Senior Product Marketing and Campaign Consultant to join our team and work closely with our product management and sales teams to support the launch of the new paid, premium version of our online writing platform for educators. This new subscription offering for schools, will contain exciting new tools, features and content to help teachers manage student writing in the classroom more effectively. You will take a lead role in shaping Write the World’s go-to-market strategy and contributing to our product roadmaps. This role is responsible for translating technical content and product features/functionality into customer-facing value propositions; creation of outbound promotional and thought-leadership content; company-wide communication of the product roadmap; and articulation of the optimal purchaser’s decision-making process. You will have extensive experience and success in marketing EdTech products to teachers, schools, and partners with which our company can make the strongest impact.
- Working together with our Director of Sales and Product team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a marketing launch plan which will include product positioning, vision, new customer acquisition and retention, and pricing strategies to promote our new subscription-based product for educators into school systems, and other educational institutions (such as summer camps, and after-school programs) primarily within the U.S., and internationally to select countries.
- Demonstrate how Write the World’s educational products and services can help schools reach their writing goals and objectives.
- Develop and oversee the execution of an integrated marketing campaigns with the aim of acquiring new and retaining existing customers.
- Write, edit and proof copy for promotional materials within marketing campaigns
- Create content such as case studies, videos, testimonials, website copy and blog posts
- Oversee content strategy for website
- Maintain regular measurement of the ROI of campaigns. Deliver reports of campaign results, including web analysis and evaluation of KPIs
- Develop sales tools, including presentations, product briefs, videos, infographics and proposal content.
● Set product and use case-specific communications strategy for social media, marketing campaigns and partner marketing to generate leads and secure new product placements.
● Together with the Director of Sales, coordinate all internal and external communications associated with product releases and product roadmap.
● Translate technical content, including product features/functionality into concise, actionable, differentiated, value-based sales messaging.
● In collaboration with the Director of Sales, help train external and internal sales reps on use cases, value proposition, product features, and competitive differentiators.
● Continually research marketplace to understand trends, competitive dynamics, and market opportunities.
● Attend conferences and customer meetings as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
● A passion for education and a desire to transform education worldwide.
● A minimum of 10 years of successful marketing experience, ideally in online Edtech English Language Arts and Writing products.
● Ideally, you will also have successful experience in launching a new product in a crowded field of competitors
● Ideal candidate will have a combination of education, marketing, technology, and project management experience.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written).
● Strong presentation skills, especially in the promotion of educational software products.
● Strong understanding of process for marketing educational technology into schools and school districts.
● A demonstrated ability to manage general operations (including administration, scheduling and logistics).
● Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
● Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic.
● Team player.
● Experience using marketing automation tools, Google Analytics and networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
● Exceptional ROI tracking skills to show what is/isn’t working
Monthly compensation based on experience and qualifications.
Commission or bonus potential, when new educator platform launched.
Location: Write the World is headquartered in Cambridge, MA. Greater Boston area is preferred; but will consider other locations.
● Four month position with potential to extend engagement, including full-time potential.
Please send your cover letter and C.V. to the selection panel at email@example.com by 5pm June 12, 2020 EDT.
About Write the World
About Write the World
Write the World (www.writetheworld.com)— the global platform for student writing—empowers young writers ages 13 to 19 to develop their voices, refine their editing skills, and publish their work within a vibrant and supportive community of over 50,000 students and educators from more than 100 countries.
Write the World enables young writers to respond to a range of engaging prompts, review the work of other young writers, receive feedback on their writing, and enter monthly writing competitions to win cash prizes—all within an active community where writing across all genres, from all over the world, is published daily. Educators use Write the World in their classrooms, tailoring the website and its curricular resources to meet the individual needs of their students. Recently, educator use has grown in response to the increase in remote learning worldwide.
Since its founding at Harvard University in 2012, Write the World has expanded into a small and closely connected team of writers, educators, and entrepreneurs who work with high school students and teachers across the globe, with a significant membership base in the U.S.