DevOps Software Engineer, Lexia
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer for our DevOps team who has an in-depth understanding of web application architectures coupled with a passion for designing and supporting large-scale high performance web services and applications. This person will also work to design and implement solutions for release management and configuration management and monitoring. Technical abilities, strong communication and teamwork are essential requirements for this role as this person will be working with both technical and non-technical groups.
- Create monitoring solutions and applications to provide insights into performance and to understand emerging issues
- Diagnose and solve complex scaling issues
- Provide assistance for development and QA environments issues and build delivery
- Proactively monitor application and system health across environments for potential issues and take action to preserve SLAs.
- Provide regular, off-hours coverage for applications support alongside IT System Administrators
- Provide technical guidance to Customer Support to address users’ needs and questions
- Make recommendations for architectural enhancements to improve security & performance.
- Monitor assigned systems for security and performance on a daily basis.
- Administer, update and tune Elastic Search platform
- Solid production experience at scale in cloud infrastructure such was AWS.
- Strong systems experience on Linux (CentOS), bare-metal and virtual machines, in both dedicated and cloud environments, AWS, along with tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking as it pertains to web applications
- Experience with apache configuration and performance tuning for large-scale web applications and APIs.
- Working knowledge of build delivery systems such as Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Basic operational knowledge of load balancers, firewalls, web servers.
- Understanding of network stack, network tuning, subnet/VLANs
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Splunk
- Proven experience in developing for scalable, high-performance server applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Ability to take ownership of issues and drive them to resolution, strong problem-solving skills.
We Are Product
We create products that make lifelong aspirations a reality. What do customers need to achieve a lifelong goal? What tools and technologies will teach them to speak a new language? What experience can match the joy of reading with a child? We tackle these questions by focusing on the challenges of learning and the triumph of mastering a new skill. Is your imagination up to the task?
Working With Us
You’ll have the best of all worlds… the opportunity to work with passionate, talented people who are the best in their fields. Rosetta Stone and Lexia full time employees also enjoy a generous vacation policy, outstanding health and financial benefits, and much more.
Employee well-being is first and foremost at Rosetta Stone — we know that professional success depends on personal health and happiness. That’s why we empower you with benefits you can use to succeed in every area of your life, including:
Comprehensive health care benefits
401K with 100% matching up to 4% of salary
Unlimited vacation policy and 9 paid holidays
Parking & transit benefits
Caregiver & family support
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Rosetta Stone & Lexia Learning
There's an amazing energy at Rosetta Stone®. It's the feeling that we're doing something unique, unexpected, and beneficial, and it permeates everything we do. We are Rosetta Stone—and we are dedicated to helping people change their lives through the power of language and literacy education. Join our passionate, energetic, and international team and add your talents to Who We Are!