Be part of our growth as our new Account Executive providing several of our larger and mid-size school districts throughout New England with software and implementation services proven to help all students of all abilities become proficient readers.
Ideal candidate for this role will ideally reside in either Massachusetts or Connecticut without restriction on travel.
- Develop and manage an overall action plan to achieve quota for your territory
- Drive new sales for priority accounts
- Drive renewals and expansion of existing priority accounts
- Initiate and develop relationships with key decision-makers in priority accounts from initial contact to close
Essential Job Functions
Manage a geographic territory to achieve all sales goals
- Lead and manage each step of a complex sales process, including:Marketing and targeted networking activities to identify and reach out to prospective customers
- Researching probable purchasers of Lexia products
- Introducing Lexia over the phone or in person to create awareness/interest
- Delivering excellent demonstrations to individuals and committees – both live and via webinar
- Effectively communicating Lexia’s pedagogy, research, features and benefits
- Working with school-level and district –level staff to build support for purchase
- Developing implementation plans (pre-sales) for large accounts
- Developing professional proposals and other professional communications
- Collaborate with a team (Account Manager and Implementation Manager) to produce results for your territory
- Maintain customer information, track activity and results using SalesForce (CRM), Excel for your territory other tools
- Accurately input orders into billing and implementation systems with accuracy
- Provide market feedback competitive information to Lexia management
- Activity Levels: 12-16 sales calls/week (telephone and/or onsite meetings)
- Travel up to 60%+, while maintaining high productivity level
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of successful sales experience and account executive/ field territory management background, specifically selling into pre-K – 12 school districts, preferably a technology and curriculum (reading) based product
- Strong knowledge of your geographical territory, including contacts in K-12 education.
- Demonstrated ability to uncover client needs and propose solutions to close new business opportunities and meet new revenue targets on an on-going basis.
- Track record of goal attainment, proven and continued success in selling and closing customers including remotely and in-person, by creating value, and managing a pipeline.
- Professional and proficient usage of computer software , specifically sales planning, forecasting and tracking tools, such as Salesforce and Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook , PowerPoint or other sales/customer relationship management tools.
- Strong speaking and presentation skills, i.e. a demonstrated ability through previous experience delivering product presentations to groups and individuals.
- Ability to develop account relationship and collaborate with management on strategies to achieve new revenue goals.
- Ability to travel overnight 50%+
About Rosetta Stone & Lexia Learning
Life at Rosetta Stone & Lexia Learning
With a work environment that encourages and nurtures creativity, great ideas take flight and become products and services built from the bottom up. We all share a passion for building a world in which everyone can speak, read, and write with confidence. Our innovative, technology-based language, literacy, and brain fitness solutions are used by thousands of schools, businesses, and government organizations—and millions of learners around the world. We are dedicated to helping people change their lives through the power of language and literacy education. Join our passionate, energetic, and international team and add your talents to Who We Are!