Our Curriculum and Assessment team is seeking a Manager of Secondary Education to join our mission! The Manager, Secondary Curriculum is responsible for:
- Providing educational direction and management to support the development of product features and enhancements to Secondary Literacy products.
- Contributing informed analyses of pedagogical trends and research in the educational technology market and across competitive products in order to define the scope and goals of Secondary Literacy products
- Collaborating with product leadership, Marketing & Sales, and additional stakeholders as needed to assess educational needs and identify solutions for all existing and new Secondary Literacy products
- Leading the creation of content Secondary Literacy products while ensuring research-based educational approaches are maintained.
- Managing educational professionals responsible for supporting the design and creation of online student content and educational resources.
The Manager, Secondary Curriculum will:
- Possess knowledge and understanding of curriculum standards and educational trends, educational technology and digital media trends to provide insight to management and stakeholders
- Work in accordance with the timelines and milestones set by the SAFe/PI framework
- Collaborate across product teams to ensure that educational quality and instructional best practices are maintained throughout product development cycles
- Interact with Senior Management and peers in customer-facing roles to communicate consistent messages regarding program design and goals
Essential Job Functions:
Manages content development and writing for secondary curriculum products by:
– Ensuring the educational design of Secondary Curriculum programs are supported by recent research and best practices in reading science.
– Participating in and overseeing the content creation for newly designed and enhanced activities, including the management of vendor relationships.
– Leading cross-functional planning discussions to inform decisions on feature design and content creation.
– Consulting on and contributing to the development of materials for teacher-led instruction and student practice
Ensures the ongoing quality and content of program by:
– Overseeing internal reviews of content to continually monitor quality of content while also ensuring adherence to diversity by design guiding principles
– Prioritizing content bugs and/or enhancements accordingly while providing efficient solutions to issues that are reported by QA, Customer Support, and – related teams.
– Bringing critical issues to team leaders and contributing to solutions to address such issues in a timely, efficient manner.
- Oversee the reviews and edits content and work product of Curriculum Specialists and contractors/vendors as needed to maintain pedagogical integrity
- Consult and support on Request for Proposals, Grants, and Approval List Applications
- Collaborates closely with leaders among the Secondary Curriculum Product team to identify and prioritize objectives identified by SAFe/PI framework.
- Collaborate closely with Assessment and Research teams to continually evaluate the efficacy of programs and enhancements
- Provides thought-leadership and support for customer-facing teams (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Customer Success) as well as consultation on the development of customer-facing resources and materials (e.g., Product brochures)
- Presents on behalf of the company at strategic sales and industry events
- Maintains knowledge of literacy research and school-based application and trends through on-going professional development and observations of program use in local schools.
This candidate will reside in our headquarters based in Concord, MA.
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field required
- 7-10 years relevant work experience (Educational Technology product development and/or implementation)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of management experience
- Deep knowledge of Structured Literacy, writing for Ed. Tech, and instructional design best practices
- Experience in classroom or direct-instructional settings is preferred
- Professional, polished oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong written communication and sharp editorial skills also must be demonstrated
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Lexia Learning
We are changing the lives of children and educators every day!
We are Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company. We are passionate about empowering literacy educators and helping students become lifelong confident readers! As one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world, we personalize learning, give back instructional time to teachers, and simplify the process of using data to make informed decisions through our K-12 products and services.
Lexia currently helps over 3.5 million K–12 students learn to read and we are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our mission driven team! We are highly respected, mission-driven, and very passionate about making a difference with our technology-based literacy programs and tools.