Harvard Business School Online is business education re-imagined for the digital age. Our mission is simple: to create learning experiences that bring business education to life. The HBS Online team, dedicated to delivering high quality business education through these innovative online concepts, is in a period of rapid growth and expansion. Benefit from our culture of learning and exposure to the larger University setting, while enjoying the fast-paced and high-energy start-up environment. We are actively recruiting talented, creative people with a passion for technology, education and business to join our team.
As a key member of the Technology team, the Business Analyst is responsible for capturing business processes, technical requirements, and user needs to support the development of world-class educational experiences. This position will collaborate closely with the product management, content development, program/academic services, creative, business services, software development, and other technical teams to document business, technical, and user requirements. We are looking for someone who can button up every little detail while keeping the big picture in mind. The ideal candidate will mix analysis and creativity to solve problems and create elegant solutions. This individual is comfortable switching between working alone and collaborating across the HBS Online team.
• With knowledge of software and web development, craft solutions that are technically feasible given the requirements and constraints of HBS Online’s technical platforms
• Participate in each step of the requirements process, including: project planning, discovery, user research and analysis, usability testing, requirements definition, design, and prototyping
• Lead or assist in brainstorming sessions or facilitation workshops
• Produce necessary artifacts which may include requirements documents, wireframes, prototypes, and presentation materials
• Develop user stories, personas, and workflows to drive feature design process
• Work with software development teams to implement technical solutions as needed
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes product managers, project managers, curriculum and subject matter experts, and developers
• Effectively communicate processes, ideas, and design concepts verbally, visually, and in writing
Minimum of two years’ post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience
• Proficiency with wireframing and prototyping
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to synthesize business issues into technical solutions while understanding stakeholder needs
• Excellent relationship building skills with teams and partners
• Excellent written and verbal skills
Expectations and competencies shared by the team:
• Extremely high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, strong organization skills and absolute commitment to task completion
• Sense of humor
• Must be able to balance multiple tasks and shifting priorities under tight deadlines at an accelerated pace when necessary
• “No job is too big or small” philosophy
About Harvard Business School Online
Harvard Business School Online offers a unique and highly engaging way to learn vital business concepts, enabling committed learners to transform their careers, their organizations, and their lives. Whether you’re learning CORe business principles like Financial Accounting and Business Analytics, honing your skills in Negotiation Mastery and Management Essentials, or digging into game-changing ideas with Disruptive Strategy, Harvard Business School Online helps you approach and appreciate business in powerful, new ways.