Location: Newton or Lexington, MA
As a Regional Director, you will be the CEO for your region with accountability for all facets of your business, and a member of the national executive team. You will lead a team of 4-5 staff members and dozens of STEM site directors and instructors to deliver Empow’s award-winning STEM programs to thousands of children; build relationships with families, schools and community leaders; tailor national marketing programs to meet local needs; and leverage a wide range of national-office resources to ensure your success. The ideal candidate will have a local network of relationships among families and schools, significant experience in and authentic passion for STEM, proven success leading teams, as well as a track record of consistently achieving revenue goals. This is an exciting opportunity to grow a leading STEM education company’s impact in Massachusetts and make a meaningful difference in the lives of thousands of young people.
As a Regional Director, you report to the CEO and lead all facets of Empow in your territory with comprehensive support from our national office including in programs, marketing, sales, IT, finance, and HR. You will:
Define and implement your region’s strategy
– Establish annual goals for revenue, profits, and program quality — overall and by program. Set milestones and targets for key performance indicators.
– Manage your team to achieve annual goals while exemplifying Empow’s culture and values. Monitor progress and adjust as needed. Leverage national resources and peer networks effectively.
– Advocate for company-wide changes or improvements.
– As a member of the national leadership team, help determine the company’s strategy
Ensure that your team delivers Empow Studio’s award-winning STEM camps, classes and other programs and meets or exceeds benchmarks for quality
– Manage your Senior Program Manager. Collaboratively establish program goals and budgets. Monitor program quality metrics and performance indicators. Identify and mitigate risks. Periodically conduct more direct program quality reviews. Ensure that program staff are taking full advantage of national and peer programming expertise, training and resources.
– In collaboration with your program staff, identify opportunities for systemic program improvements, and unmet market needs. Advocate for national program changes.
Spearhead your team’s partnership development, marketing and sales, and meet or exceed revenue goals
– Craft marketing and sales plan and budget with support from national office
– Leverage and tailor national marketing materials, campaigns and resources to best support local market needs
– Build relationships with local schools, nonprofits, PTAs, libraries, blogs, online groups, media outlets and other community influencers
– Nurture new and deepen existing relationship with large installed base of customer families; understand each family’s needs and match them to the best-suited Empow programs
– Build partnerships to deliver STEM education services to, or in collaboration with, schools, libraries, camps, and other types of education providers
– Monitor marketing and sales KPIs; analyze; adjust and improve marketing and sales approach
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
– A passionate desire to run your own STEM education business with support from an outstanding national team, and a dedication to doing whatever it takes to ensure that your region is successful and local families are thrilled with their experience
– At least seven years of experience successfully building partnerships and achieving sales goals is required. Sales experience in education and/or selling to education-centric families is a valuable plus.
– Excel at building authentic, trusting relationships. Strong local networks among elementary and middle-school families, school leaders, PTAs and parent groups, and/or community leaders is highly valuable.
– Comfortable maintaining fidelity to brand and program guidelines while simultaneously meeting local needs. Able to learn and leverage extensive national resources including program design, curriculum, online learning platform, marketing and sales tools, and extensive IT infrastructure
– Strong business acumen; able to use data to inform decision-making and improve results
– Proven ability to successfully lead diverse teams
– A passion for youth, education and/or STEM as evidenced by your career or volunteer experiences
– Track record of outstanding results and rapid career progression
– Outstanding written and oral communications
– Attracted to working in an entrepreneurial setting experiencing rapid growth
– BA/BS degree required
Salary and Benefits
The salary and benefits for this position are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please visit our website to apply: https://empow.me/about-us/jobs
Empow Studios is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Empow Studios values diversity of all kinds and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity. Empow Studios is an E-verify Employer.
About Empow Studios
At Empow Studios, we educate children ages 7-17 in coding, engineering, and digital arts with a focus on fun, discovery, and building a life-long passion in STEM. We have won more awards for excellence, and offer more programs, in more locations, than any other STEM education provider in Massachusetts.
Through our regional offices, we provide:
- STEM summer camps at 20 locations across Massachusetts
- School-year STEM programs for students after school, on weekends, and during school breaks both directly and through partnerships, in more than 50 locations in Massachusetts
- Support to schools and educational institutions via teacher training, our online learning platform and STEM curriculum, and field trips to our centers
Our company received venture funding from the LearnLaunch Accelerator, and this year we are investing heavily in building the leadership team needed for national expansion of our award-winning programs. Our new CEO brings to Empow deep expertise in education, online learning, and scaling companies including several that were successfully taken public or sold to public education technology companies. Our Founder and VP Programs and R&D brings decades of experience in educational pedagogy and technology. Our newest Regional Director was formerly VP Sales for two national education and youth-focused companies. Our Director of Technology, who led the development of our proprietary learning management system TalentBox, has led several companies developing enterprise-class SaaS applications. Our new Director of Marketing has previously led marketing at two other education sector companies.