Ellevation is growing, and we’re looking for a Mathematics Content Manager to join our Education team! Bringing your deep knowledge of – and passion for – mathematics content, you’ll be responsible for the development, rollout, and advocacy of a critical new direction for our product. You will help us learn, define, and deliver. And most importantly, you will help Ellevation make a direct impact on how language learners succeed in math classrooms around the world.
A little bit about you:
- Proven success in developing high-quality middle school and high school math resources (digital, print, assessment items, and more!), aligned to national content standards.
- You’re excited to use and share your knowledge of language development standards and best practices in creating content accessible to ELs of varied language proficiency levels.
- You’re a strong writer for adolescent audiences, language learners, and adults.
- Your ability to succeed in an agile startup environment allows you to plan, monitor, and adjust schedules and workflows to ensure high-quality content is produced as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- You can oversee content authors and vendors, but relish the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and author math lessons yourself.
- As a strategic communicator, you’re able to collaborate internally with others and create documentation in a way that ensures vendors are meeting high quality and consistency goals set for the product.
In this role, you will:
- Develop original mathematics instructional materials for secondary students, with a focus on accessible – yet rigorous – design for English language learner audiences.
- Source, oversee, and integrate vendor work including art, audio, animation, and editorial review. Manage timelines, budgets, and workflows. Identify freelancers, vendors, and other contributors needed for executing larger production efforts.
- Independently author formative assessment items and instructional content evaluating the comprehension of math concepts and language comprehension.
- Ensure the accuracy, quality, and consistency of all math instructional resources.
- Ensure content standards are addressed and aligned-to, including CCSS, TEKS, and other state-specific applications.
- Ensure instructional materials offer numerous opportunities for ELL audiences to access, comprehend, and produce language.
Collaboration and Contribution:
- Collaborate with Product and other Ellevation team members on content/product integration efforts and educator resources and tools.
- Coordinate with revenue and field implementation teams to provide guidance, answer customer questions, and gather insights to inform product and content development.
- Collaborate with Education Solutions colleagues working on content for Strategies and other related Ellevation products to ensure a cohesive and effective connection across the portfolio.
Location and Travel: Boston preferred, but open to any location with access to an airport. Occasional travel for customer feedback and piloting (10%).
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 700 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston – a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.
Work with us! Apply Here!