This position was posted on July 2nd, 2020. While we review all applications on a rolling basis, please note that we will prioritize applications received within the first two weeks of the posting. Thank you.
Powered by a team of educators, STEM advocates, and business professionals, we’re looking for a Product Associate to support our Operations Team as we continue to grow and scale. This is an entry-level, full-time (9-5pm, M-F) position based in Newton, Massachusetts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a member of a small, collaborative team, the Product Associate will have exposure to and impact on multiple facets of the company:
- Product Management: As Product Associate, you will lead the overall product strategy for Eduporium and learn and develop a deep understanding of our EdTech product line. In collaboration with the Operations and Marketing Teams, you will own the product launch process and manage the product life cycle, including maintaining product pages on the frontend and backend, setting pricing and discounts, and using your product knowledge to inform marketing and sales strategies.
- Professional Development: You will lead the creation and execution of Eduporium’s Professional Development services model to support our customers’ product implementation via webinars, demos, and workshops. You will gather and analyze partner, competitor and customer data to inform your decision-making. This will include travel for workshops and EdTech conferences.
- Vendor Relations: You will be responsible for meeting with, vetting, and onboarding new vendors, and developing and maintaining these vendor relationships with support from the Operations Team. You will own the vetting process of new products to ensure they meet our educational standards.
- Internal Support: You will be on top of the newest EdTech market trends in the K-12+ field and pay close attention to our customers’ needs to support the Business Development and Sales Teams. You will use your EdTech market and product expertise to recommend solutions for our customers.
- Customer Support: Working as the product-facing counterpart to our Customer Success Team, you will be the go-to person for supporting our customers’ product questions and troubleshooting issues.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Experience teaching and/or creating professional development content
- Eager to join a dynamic start-up environment and have impact immediately
- Problem solver with a customer service mindset and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to manage execution down to the smallest details and prioritization of multiple responsibilities
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a constant communicator and contributing member of a growing and collaborative team
- Passion for supporting teachers with educational technology
- Experience in Product Management
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience using educational technology products
- Experience communicating, developing relationships and negotiating with vendors
WHY JOIN US
We are looking for a passionate and collaborative team member to join a fast-paced and mission-driven company in the midst of high growth.
We also offer the following:
- Growth: Future job growth into management position as company scales.
- Culture: We are a minority-owned business with a diverse team, founded on values of inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration. We are committed to lifelong learning, constant improvement, and delivering an exceptional experience for our customers.
- Tools & Technology: Access to top tech tools like Robots, 3D Printers, Carvers, Virtual Reality, Drones and more.
- Benefits: Compensation based on individual merit as well as company performance. Competitive PTO Policy, Health Insurance, MBTA Perq for Work Program, In-Person and Online Professional Development, and Company-Wide Outings.
- Workplace Perks: Friendly, casual office environment with a full kitchen. Reclaimed mill building. Miles of walking and biking trails. Ping Pong!
Eduporium is an EdTech eCommerce start-up in the Greater Boston area right on the Charles River! On a mission to enhance the meaningful use of technology in education, Eduporium is expanding access to and increasing affordability of EdTech tools across the country through our vetted product offerings and personalized consultations. We work directly with schools, districts, and educational organizations to provide software and tools to enhance experiential learning and help students develop crucial 21st-century skills.
Eduporium is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we embrace diverse skills, perspectives and ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.