Senior Associate, Anti-Racism & Culture Operations
Location: Flexible within the United States
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools – both district and charter – in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times Best Nonprofits to Work For and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
The Anti-Racism & Culture (ARC) Team sets a vision for ANet’s cultural priorities and organization wide employee experiences, while also operationalizing and embedding educational and institutional equity, anti-racism, and anti-oppression internally and externally to improve our organizational culture and better serve students in our partner schools and systems. As the Senior Associate, Anti-Racism & Culture Operations, you will play a critical role within the ARC Team, enabling the team to use data to drive its strategy, maximize its time together, and to provide high quality support and experiences to all staff members. Your support of ANet’s culture priorities and organization-wide experiences will ensure the culture of our organization enables us toward our mission and our Anti-Racism Policy. This role will report to the VP, Equity & Anti-Oppression.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Support ANet’s Managing Director, Org Culture, Communications, and Anti-Racism to manage ANet’s culture priorities
- Collect and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data related to culture in support of ANet’s cultural priority development and track progress towards goals
- Manage logistics and process related to the support of organizational events and activities such as quarterly stepbacks, bi-weekly org-wide webinars (Friday Team Check Ins), etc.
- Design and manage the org-wide calendar
- Manage ANet’s org-wide anniversary celebrations, including tracking anniversaries and distributing anniversary gifts
- Manage quarterly Core Value Champion and Service to ANet award program, including collecting nominations and distributing awards
- Play a lead support role for ANet’s mentorship and Belonging strategy
- Ensure the IntrANet is an effective collaboration and communication vehicle
Ensure the ARC Team is maximizing their time and effectively supporting others across the organization
- Provide support for the VP, Equity & Anti-Oppression, ensuring they are leveraging their time effectively in order to further ANet’s commitments to anti-racism
- Maintain the ARC Team’s ticketing system by monitoring incoming tickets, assigning tickets to appropriate to the ARC Team member, and managing the request tracker
- Support a range of team activities, including calendar support for ARC Team meetings and updating and maintaining team meeting and planning agendas
- Troubleshoot the team’s technology challenges with support from national Tech Experience Team
Provide operations support for anti-racism activities across the organization
- Support the logistics and execution of the ARC Team’s external anti-racist commitments
- Support and manage logistics for the ARC Team’s execution of internal learning opportunities including Learning Together, Affinity groups, and more
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You have strong knowledge about anti-racism principles and practices and are committed to leveraging ANet’s Anti-Racist Policy in order to embed equity, anti-racism, and anti-oppression into our organizational culture and your day-to-day work
- You bring a deep understanding of ANet’s anti-racist policy and the ability to apply it to your work
- You get excited about supporting others to do their best work and consistently go above and beyond in meeting the needs of your team and external partners
- You sweat the small stuff and bring exceptional attention to detail to everything you do
- You have managed complex projects in the past and are skilled in managing multiple tasks, actions, and people simultaneously
- You are an exceptional communicator and know how to get creative in order to get a message across to both internal and external stakeholders
- You enjoy digging into data with an analytical eye to determine the story that it’s telling you
- You are flexible and when things don’t go as planned, you proactively problem-solve to seek out new solutions and opportunities
- You are your happiest and most successful in entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fast-paced environments and are eager to learn and navigate through ANet’s matrixed structure
- You are eager to learn and proactively seek out feedback and opportunities for your professional growth
- You are comfortable with learning new technology platforms at an accelerated pace and provide support to others as they adjust to the learning curve
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- You are an expert at using virtual meeting tools such as Zoom and have played point on operations for large, in-person and virtual meetings with ease and/or supported others in doing so.
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including: vacation, 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, a paid floating holiday, paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue Apply button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/3gm5xymk2xmpxg67
About Achievement Network (ANet)
ANet is a nonprofit dedicated to the idea that every child deserves an excellent education and the opportunities it provides.